Dar Al Khalaf advises clients on the best solutions to generate the appropriate strategy, developing business models for profitability, performance and growth. We help you to have stronger strategies for food quality and safety, we provide experts in food safety and food quality who advise food industry businesses and professionals on the development and improvement of their food service operations. We work with restaurants, food producers, schools or any other food service facility.
Dar Al Khalaf provides different specialized consulting services in Food Safety, HACCP, training programs, and ISO Quality Management Services.
Food safety refers to the management systems that establishments must have in place if they sell food. It ensures that the food in any establishment – from restaurants and supermarkets to delis, food trucks, and cafés.
the key elements of food safety are:
- Ensuring everyone follows good food hygiene practices. This includes personal hygiene, safe handling of food, preventing cross-contamination, cleaning procedures, allergen control, safe storage of food, and cooking temperatures.
- Implementing appropriate food management systems. This refers to the overarching system that keeps food and the premises safe and hygienic. The main aspect is HACCP, but it also refers to record keeping, labelling, traceability, supply and delivery, and staff training.
- Maintaining hygienic premises. The maintenance of the building is another key aspect of risk prevention. This includes the general cleanliness and upkeep of the building, having an appropriate layout, suitable lighting, ventilation, pest control, and waste management.
Food hygiene are the conditions and measures necessary to ensure the safety of food from production to consumption. Food can become contaminated at any point during slaughtering or harvesting, processing, storage, distribution, transportation and preparation. Lack of adequate food hygiene can lead to foodborne diseases and death of the consumer
The key elements of food hygiene are:
- Personal hygiene. This includes handwashing, protective clothing, illness procedures, and other duties (such as avoiding smoking).
- Preventing cross-contamination. This includes preventing bacterial, physical, chemical, and allergenic contamination, particularly by having appropriate equipment in place (such as separate cutting boards).
- Cleaning procedures. Thorough cleaning of the kitchen, equipment, and kitchenware (including plates and cutlery) is vital.
- Allergen control. All businesses must clearly explain which foods are allergenic and must prevent allergens from cross-contaminating other food.
- Safe storage of food. This includes storage locations and containers, labelling, and temperature control.
- Cooking temperatures. Businesses must ensure they cook and hold food at appropriate temperatures to prevent bacterial risks.
How a Food Safety Management System Can Help
A food safety management system is a group of practices and procedures put in place to actively control risks and hazards throughout the food process and ensure regulatory compliance. One such system is a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). An effective HACCP is written specific to each operation for ISO standards.
A safety management system for food can ensure regulatory compliance to ISO standards by actively controlling risks and hazards throughout the food process. Significant biological, chemical or physical hazards are identified at specific points. Once identified, these hazards can be prevented, eliminated, or reduced to safe levels. Record keeping and documentation will help maintain your plan.
Setting up an effective management plan on your own is not easy. Hiring an ISO expert, to help your company implement an effective plan will keep both your business and the public safe from foodborne illnesses.
- Coverage of many requirements of different food standards
- Control of risks for food safety by prerequisite programs
- Integration of up-to-date procedures of risk analysis and prerequisite programs regarding food safety
- Integral analysis of the company as well as secure and efficient processes regarding hygiene and health protection
- Higher product security and reduced risk of product liability
- Improvement of confidence between customers, suppliers and surveillance authorities
- Continual improvement and updating of the management system for food safety.